Sunday 13 November 2011

Kellie McRobert - eCompetencies

Every once in awhile you meet interesting people - Kellie McRobert is one of those people.
When I attended Kellie's session it was at 730am (and a Thursday with time zone changes) - and she started right on time with lots of enthusiasm - it's hard not to get excited when you see her present!

She did teach me lots of things in her session but I wanted to highlight her site:

http://ecompetencies.wikispaces.com/About+Kellie+McRobert

Her and I agree that eCompentencies will only occur when we expect teachers to come into the classroom with an expectation that they are competent - not - 'nice to have skills'.

Our students have superior to skills to us adults so we have 2 choices as I see it -
1) Learn and keep learning - quickly
or
2) Get out of the way and let the kids lead with the technology.

I hope you will spend some time on Kellie's site - as she has a LOT of knowledge to bring to the table.
On a personal level - she's fun and a warm personality and I had a great time spending time with her.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of Kellie and her work with eCompetencies.

    It is great that she lives locally and can lead teachers locally and nationally.

    ReplyDelete